Fancy a day at Wimbledon?
As a club member, you are eligible to enter the club ballot for tickets, provided you are at least 9 years old by a certain date (in 2018 it’s Feb 23rd). But there are a few things you need to do first.
- You need to have a British Tennis Membership number. If you don’t already have one, you can get one from the LTA on their website. It’s free, by the way. Click here to open the LTA website in a new window.
- You must ‘opt in’ on the LTA website to register your interest in tickets. You need to do this every year.
- You must let the ballot organiser at our Tennis Club (usually the club secretary) know that you would like to be included in the ballot. The secretary will email all members in good time, so that you can reply, if interested.
The ballot will be conducted by the club committee and the lucky winners contacted. Tickets are always in pairs, i.e. two tickets for the same court and day. There are, of course, some rules attached to the tickets:
- You aren’t obliged to accept the tickets; if you don’t want them please inform the ballot organiser, who will draw another name.
- The tickets aren’t free; you will need to pay their face value. This is done on the LTA website, and the tickets are then distributed to you some time before the event.
- The tickets are in pairs, but only one of the users has to be a club member. If a junior wins tickets, they must be accompanied on the day by an adult.
- You are not allowed to re-sell the tickets. Do NOT put them on eBay!
I don’t want Wimbledon tickets thank you.
If you don’t want tickets this year, it would still be useful if you could ‘opt in’ (see task 2 above). The number of tickets that Kibworth Tennis Club get, is based on the number of members that opt in. Even if you don’t want tickets, other members do!!